Re: Generating Log of Guest Physical Addresses from a Kernel Function and Perform Analysis at Runtime

Thank you for your response.
After having a reasonable amount  of log data, I want to perform some type of analsys at run time, e.g., no. of unique addresses, total no. of addresses, frequency of occurences of each addresses etc.

On Tue, 24 Sep 2019 at 20:16, Valdis Klētnieks <valdis.kletnieks@xxxxxx> wrote:
On Tue, 24 Sep 2019 19:10:59 +0900, Sahibzada Irfanullah said:

> My actual goal is to generate log of physical addresses for different
> applications by writing them into the file, and then perform some analysis

What makes you think that the log of physical addresses will tell you anything
useful or interesting?

Hint:  Pretty much all physical pages usable for process space are identical as far
as the kernel is concerned, and if a virtual or disk cache page is pulled into memory
from disk more than once, the same virtual page can end up in different physical
pages.each time.

> at runtime in this function by reading the logs from the log file.
> Furthermore, I want a file which size can dynamically grow as the size of
> log increases.

Are you trying to do this *at runtime in real time*, or is post-run analysis OK?

--
Regards,

Mr. Irfanullah