How to make linux stop all processes/activities except the one I am benchmarking?

Hello all list readers, newbies and experts !

I would like to measure CPU consumption  and Disk read latency for a single application.

I know I can use CPU affinity to bind application to a CPU, but I am not sure if it is exclusive for other processes.

Of cause the simplest way which comes to my mind  is to send SIGPAUSE to all processes,  except mine.
But I think that many system processeds including systemd will just ignore it. and so new processes might be forked while kill works.

The more fancy way might be  to use freezer cgroup, but I am just speculating because  I know the concept only.

And the question of measuring IO. Since application read file in filesystem. there might be other filesystem's users (lets disregard kernel fs code, since  i believe it is very efficient and works with small objects like dentries (which are RAM)  and inodes.

But other applications might read/write to this file system until I have a means to pause them.

Please advise.

Regards,
Lev