mmap patch works in Virtualbox, not in QEMU

Hi

I have strange problem testing my patch.

I work in Virtual Box on Windoes running Ubuntu 16.10.

I downloaded Buidroot and buil QEMU x86_64 environment with kernel 4.9
I applied my patch to mmap (added MAP_DENYWRITE for shared libraries) before building kernel.
the I run qemu with patched kernel image , but no effect of MAP_DENYWRITE .

So I decided to check Virtual box Ubuntu. I applied the same patch, built new Ubuntu kernel. Then I rebooted Virtual box machine and selected new kernel, kernel worked as expected rejecting attempts to change shared library while in use.

Please advice.

Lev.