Re: list etiquette

I don't think greg or any senior kernel developer would like to get personal mail, which are officially the list/community business.
Skipping thank you mails is really okay. you can always thank them in advance is a good idea.

On Sat, Jun 11, 2016 at 11:47 AM, Tobin Harding <me@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tue, Jun 07, 2016 at 12:03:57PM -0400, Frank Ch. Eigler wrote:

> me@xxxxxxxx wrote:
>
> > LKML list etiquette question.  When asking a [simple] question that
> > receives an suitable answer is it correct etiquette to reply with a
> > thank you email or is this just adding noise to the list?
>
> (Probably obvious, but you can always reply with a "thank you",
> sent directly to the people who answered rather than to the list.)

I had got the vibe that it was unacceptable to mail people directly and not cc
the list. Is this response correct that there are times it is acceptable to
exclude the list. GregKH has had to nudge me twice for doing this so I am very
hesitant to write any emails that are not in the clear (cc'ing a list).

Tobin

Thank you
Warm Regards
Anuz