Re: boot linux2.6 in virtual machine

On Mon, Jan 28, 2013 at 11:39 PM, horseriver <horserivers@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
hi:)

  I have compiled a kernel of 2.6 version . there is an bzImage file generated and I
Which version of 2.6? I am sure you are aware that the current kernel is 3.7.x and thus most of the newer application would support newer version and not older version
  have got a initrd.img file here.
initramfs is newer ramdisk, why are you using an older format?
  Now ,I want to boot  this kernel , Need I have a boot-loader ? Is GRUB right for this?
Ofcourse, how else would you boot?
Grub should do the work.
  Need I mount kernel image and initrd.img on /dev/XXX ?  If need, when to do mount them?
you really need to read more about the intended virtual machine and the process itself. It seems you have not done enough research to ask such questions. I would highly suggest that you read either about KVM or Xen, though I would personally go for usermode linux.

thanks!

Thank you
Warm Regards
Anuz