Re: looking for corrections/enhancements/omissions for LKD3

Hi Rob...

On Sun, Oct 31, 2010 at 19:34, Robert P. J. Day <rpjday@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>  i'll see what i can do. :-)  anyway, this is where i'm going to
> track this stuff:

Well, that's just my wishlist, so it's up to you whether you wanna do
me a favour or not. BTW, have you tried to consult other Linux kernel
related list like kernel janitor too?

> http://www.crashcourse.ca/wiki/index.php/Updates_to_LKD3

yay, I am the first there :)

> this is a totally unofficial page, i just want to keep up with changes
> for when LKD4 comes out. :-)  so i might as well start documenting
> changes now.  and, as you can see, i'll give credit to all reporters.

Well, tracking changes are good IMO, but I suggest you just pick the
most significant ones.

The criterias could be something like:
- whether it affects latency
- whether it improves graphic card improvement
- whether it changes how scheduling works
etc....

NB: Does LKD3 mention about Kernel Same page Merge (KSM)? No need to
be deep, but I think it's interesting to mention it since it will
reduce memory consumption done by virtual machine/hypervisor (KVM, for
example).

--
regards,

Mulyadi Santosa