Re: Debugging the scheduler

Hi :)

On Thu, Sep 9, 2010 at 10:59, Vimal <j.vimal@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 8 September 2010 20:46, Mulyadi Santosa >
>I thought exactly the same.  But, the locking they did is in a hrtimer
> callback, which executes in hard irq context.

Ahem..i c.... well, plain code review is sometimes not easy as it
seems :D in this case, /me vs the code :D

>> PS: Glad you find the culprit. You might retry with a kernel image
>> that's fully compiled with -g or -ggdb but without -O2 or -Os. Should
>> give you better backtrace (lesser "value is optimized out").
>>

> One of the authors said he'll send us a new patchset tomorrow.  We'll
> try running it and seeing. :-)

Great! qemu is also releasing another -rc yesterday, you might check that out.

> Thanks for the tip!  I didn't know what "value is optimized out" meant!

Most of the times, it's due to the -O folks...optimization thingies,
loop unroll, dead code elimination, inlining, etc etc....

above all, compiling with frame pointer is a must...and make sure you
include all the symbol in the kernel image...thus it could be resolved
as many as possible.

--
regards,

Mulyadi Santosa