Re: Debugging the scheduler

On 8 September 2010 20:46, Mulyadi Santosa <mulyadi.santosa@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> After reading your attached backware (just briefly, not too deep), I
> concluded that either it's something wrong with tree of task pointer
> traversal....or doing lock with wrong assumption.
>
> NB: ehm, saw raw_spin_lock in this patch series, shouldn't it be
> spinlock_irqsave?

I thought exactly the same.  But, the locking they did is in a hrtimer
callback, which executes in hard irq context.

> PS: Glad you find the culprit. You might retry with a kernel image
> that's fully compiled with -g or -ggdb but without -O2 or -Os. Should
> give you better backtrace (lesser "value is optimized out").

One of the authors said he'll send us a new patchset tomorrow.  We'll
try running it and seeing. :-)

Thanks for the tip!  I didn't know what "value is optimized out" meant!

Regards,
--
Vimal