Re: need to communicate thru embedded linux

Hi

On Thu, Aug 12, 2010 at 1:28 AM, Anuz Pratap Singh Tomar
<chambilkethakur@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 12, 2010 at 11:54 AM, nidhi mittal hada
> <nidhimittal19@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>

>> On Thu, Aug 12, 2010 at 11:44 AM, Anuz Pratap Singh Tomar
>> <chambilkethakur@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>> I really didn't understand what you meant by simulated one?
>>
>> i meant that i dont have real serial port that i can test my program with
>> ....i thought if some other s/w acting as simulated serial port ...which i
>> can communicate just as communicating with real serial port ...m i clear?
>

> err.. you do generally have serial port on most machines. And even if you
> dont have one, still u can create serial interface, infact the
> terminals(consoles) are also tty devices. So not sure what are you trying to
> achieve.

Recommended Book for embedded beginning

Embedded Linux Primer: A Practical, Real-World Approach
By Christopher Hallinan

An check some open architecture board like beagle board or hawk board
I ma working with the second and it is really didactic

Hope it helps

Victor Rodriguez