Re: need to communicate thru embedded linux

On Thu, Aug 12, 2010 at 11:20 AM, nidhi mittal hada <nidhimittal19@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello all
I have just started with embedded lnux for learning purpose . Need your guidance i am trying to communicate rs2332 thru c program on linux

My doubts

1)if i dont have real serial port , do i have some way that  i can have a simulated one just to test my program
                   a)in this concern only i got to know abt pseudo terminal ...but with that..on one side we get serial port emulated but on other side
we need a spl program to talk to pseudo side of pseudo terminal.Kindly CMIIW ...

I really didn't understand what you meant by simulated one?

2)any link/book/document  for sample program or tutorial to  .... communicate to popular interfaces in C on linux .....
you can look for tutorials online for TTY, termios, serial port interfaces, uart interfaces.
Well nothing is specific to C, everything is mostly in C, you can open the device like a file and manipulate it, or use ioctls for it(look for the document or device driver for that interface)

3)i want to learn embedded linux on arm ...what shd i start with ....

Not sure about arm, but the best guide is Karim Yagmour's Linux embedded system, please do BUY it, its worth every penny.

or any kind of guidance/past experience/sample program is most needed .....

There are lot of free electron tutorial online, besides you can also look in embedded linux primer, I haven't used it, but heard quite lot about it