Re: need to communicate thru embedded linux

On Thu, Aug 12, 2010 at 11:54 AM, nidhi mittal hada <nidhimittal19@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Thu, Aug 12, 2010 at 11:44 AM, Anuz Pratap Singh Tomar <chambilkethakur@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Thu, Aug 12, 2010 at 11:20 AM, nidhi mittal hada <nidhimittal19@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello all
I have just started with embedded lnux for learning purpose . Need your guidance i am trying to communicate rs2332 thru c program on linux

My doubts

1)if i dont have real serial port , do i have some way that  i can have a simulated one just to test my program
                   a)in this concern only i got to know abt pseudo terminal ...but with that..on one side we get serial port emulated but on other side
we need a spl program to talk to pseudo side of pseudo terminal.Kindly CMIIW ...

I really didn't understand what you meant by simulated one?
i meant that i dont have real serial port that i can test my program with ....i thought if some other s/w acting as simulated serial port ...which i can communicate just as communicating with real serial port ...m i clear?

err.. you do generally have serial port on most machines. And even if you dont have one, still u can create serial interface, infact the terminals(consoles) are also tty devices. So not sure what are you trying to achieve.