Re: Need List of Books

On Thu, 29 Jul 2010, Alexandre Borges wrote:

> All...
>
> Hi. The unique good books are:
>
> For concepts:
>
> Linux Kernel Development
> author: Robert Love
> ISBN: 0672329468
>

> For device drivers:
>
> Essencial Linux Device Drivers:
> author: Sreekrishnan Venkateswaran
> ISBN: 0132396556
>

> For specific Linux and hardware issues:
>
> Embedded Linux Primer
> author: Christopher Hallinan
> ISBN: 0137017839

  i don't think anything prevents me from mentioning that there is a
2nd edition of chris' book coming out soon.  i know this since i was
one of the pre-publication reviewers, and it's already been mentioned
elsewhere.  so while this will discourage sales of the current
edition, you might as well wait for the upcoming one.  it's
considerably better.

> The rest is trash. All of them. LDD3 has three ou four good
> chapters, but it's aged and, in my opinion, it apresents all the
> information in way that is poorly organized.

  that might be a bit harsh but, upon reflection, you might be right
-- no other books spring to mind as ones i'd immediately recommend.
once any linux kernel book is more than a couple years old, its value
has dropped dramatically.

  hang on ... i'd at least recommend greg kh's "linux kernel in a
nutshell", which is available online here:

  http://kroah.com/lkn/

rday

                        http://crashcourse.ca