Re: Need List of Books

On Mon, 26 Jul 2010, waqar afridi wrote:

> Hello List I hope everyone would be fine, I am Free in these Long
> Summer vacation so I thought to learn and Work on Linux Kernel, Can
> I have a list on Books written on Linux Kernel in 2010.
>
> I found one "Linux Kernel Development 3rd edition". Is there any
> book other then this one which is for beginners, easy and
> easily available here in Pakistan?

  once again, at the risk of being self-serving, not only is robert
love's 3rd ed totally up to date and a good investment, but i also
have an introductory online course that helps you get into kernel
programming:

http://crashcourse.ca/introduction-linux-kernel-programming/introduction-linux-kernel-programming

  the first several lessons are free so you're welcome to stop by and
check them out.  after that, you do need to subscribe for $39 for the
entire course.  obviously, it's available in pakistan. :-)

rday

                        http://crashcourse.ca