RE: Need List of Books

On Thu, 29 Jul 2010, Samkelo Tyatyantsi wrote:

> >>For learning about hardware management like PCI subsystem,USB
> subsystem,
> >>I/O Ports etc, there is a legend for you 'Linux Device Drivers 3rd
> >>edition, O'Reilly, author-Alessandro Rubini,Greg,Kroah.
> >>Intersting thing is that all the authors are italian...they have
> >>explained every concept of kernel very lucidly.....I am a fan of these
> >>books
>
> If you're into hardware, you may want to get "Building Embedded
> Linux Systems (2nd Revised edition)" by Karim Yaghmour also
> Published by O'reilly, a very good book for configuring, building,
> and installing a target-specific kernel.

  if you want something that's up-to-date WRT drivers, the best choice
is:

http://www.amazon.ca/Essential-Device-Drivers-Sreekrishnan-Venkateswaran/dp/0132396556/

  maybe i'll put together a page on my web site discussing linux
books, and which are worth getting.  obviously, i think robert love's
recent 3rd ed. of "linux kernel development" is a must-have, but it
doesn't dive into device driver details to the extent you seem to
want -- it's somewhat more introductory.

  LDD3 (available online at http://lwn.net/Kernel/LDD3/) has been a
classic for a long time but is starting to show its age.

  etc, etc.

rday

                        http://crashcourse.ca