Re: multiple alternate superblocks

On Wed, Jul 7, 2010 at 08:19, Onkar Mahajan <kern.devel@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Is it possible to supply multiple alternate superblocks
> while doing a mount in Linux ?

I think your question might be interpreted vary between person to
person. Do you mean, Linux kernel will use information according to
multilple copy of superblock of a filesystem?

If that's what you mean, IMO it's not...at least that's what I know.
Even during fsck, you need to determine which superblock is the valid
one that will be used as the base information.

PS: Can't agree more with your quote...Steve Jobs is always one of my idol...

--
regards,

Mulyadi Santosa
Freelance Linux trainer and consultant