Re: lesson 2 of kernel programming course now up

Hi, rday

Perfect job~~ It is really a nice course!

And I have a little comments, consider this scenario:

As a kernel beginner (like me), sometimes, I just want to rebuild part of the kernel, reather than the whole kernel tree. How could we do? Such as, we just modified one line of code or one function, do we still need to rebuild the whole kernel? After all, rebuild the whole kernel will cost more times.

Could you  add some kernel development environment setup topics for the above scenario. To be honsest, I am really want to know, the engineer in redhat, suse, how does he do in the reallife development? If he focus on one feature, such as MM or scheduler, does he also need to recompile the whole kernel when he make a little change?  Especially he just want to clarify a little idea.

Hope you reply @_@

Thank you~O(∩_∩)O~