first lesson -- building and booting new kernel -- going up now

  i am literally still typing in that first lesson but if you want to
get a head start, you can find the first part of that lesson here:

  http://www.crashcourse.ca/content/building-and-running-new-kernel

disclaimer:  i'm still getting used to certain aspects of drupal and
modules and other things so there might be glitches and that lesson is
only half done but feel free to check it out and leave a comment so i
know comments work :-).  and i should be finished it in a few hours
and you can tell me how well it works.  and we'll take it from there.

rday

                        http://crashcourse.ca