updating online free-electrons docs -- feel free to lend a hand

  recently, i offered to work with the guys at free-electrons.com to
bring some of their online docs up to date.  i suspect a few people on
this list have already taken advantage of the wealth of
freely-available information here:

  http://free-electrons.com/docs/

for my own benefit, i'm going to start with the USB drivers tutorial
and see what needs to be made more current.  and if anyone else here
has the time and inclination to help out, it's simple -- pick a
document, go through it, compare it against the latest kernel
source, make notes of what seems to be out of date, and drop me a
note since i'll be happy to act as the focal point and collate what
comes in into something comprehensible.

  sorry, no, it's not a paying gig for you (just as it isn't for me
:-).  but if you want to donate some time and effort to guys who have
put a lot into making this sort of material available for anyone, then
lend a hand on whatever interests you.

  and i'll also try to find the time to add more material to that
site, if my schedule permits.

  in any event, go wild.  and send me your suggestions/corrections.

rday

p.s.  it also wouldn't hurt to let me know which docs you find that
are simply wildly out of date and have little current value WRT to the
current kernel.  that's also useful information.

p.p.s.  as i've mentioned before, i gently browbeat michael at f-e
into getting a twitter account:

  http://twitter.com/free_electrons

now i just have to browbeat him into starting to tweet stuff. :-)