Re: Question on SDIO driver

On Mon, Apr 19, 2010 at 7:27 PM, dinesh bhaskar <pdineshb@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I am porting the driver for the SDIO WLAN Spectec card.
>
> The module is getting inserted properly but the probe method is not
> getting called.

probe method will get called when bus driver is able to match a device
with a driver.
In case of SDIO driver sdio_bus_match function will do this.

You can look for your SDIO device information in sdio_device_id table
of your driver and
verify whether driver supports your device.

> The SDIO is on the PCI bus, do we need to call the pci_register_driver
> for registering the sdio card besides calling the
> sdio_register_driver?

pci_register_driver should be called from SDIO controller driver.
SDIO card driver need call only sdio_register_driver.

> why is the probe method not getting called?

You can verify whether your SDIO controller driver is loaded properly. And,
verify struct sdio_device_id in SDIO card driver.