Re: how to hook a syscall in kernel 2.6

Hello Elvis,

There are numerous ways you can do, once you have root privilege.
But if you don't, it is probably impossible without some illegal way.

Actually, system call hooking itself is not very proper thing even for people with root,
but you can refer to many linux rootkit codes available in security sites.

Most of them use LKM(loadable kernel module)s to load their code,
and manipulate either syscall handler, the system call table, or other structures available in kernel.
You can even manipulate page tables and make the code section writable with your module.

Sangman