Re: need to get blocks per group in user space

On Wed, Apr 7, 2010 at 1:37 PM, arshad hussain <arshad.super@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 7, 2010 at 1:10 PM, Manish Katiyar <mkatiyar@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> On Wed, Apr 7, 2010 at 1:06 PM, nidhi mittal hada
>> <nidhimittal19@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> hello All
>>>
>>> I want to get some of filesystem specific information
>>> like blocksize , s_blocks_per_group
>>> etc in userspace c program
>>>
>>> How do i get it ?
>>
>> Use libext2fs or see the code of dumpe2fs
My bad. I jumped to answer without going
through the question throughly.  Manish
is correct, in case your requirement is to get
FS blk size  etc ... through userspace 'c' program
libext2fs is the way. One another way is to
read fs partition or img raw read in first 1024
bytes and cast it to super block struct. You will
be need to include ext2_fs.h.

Thanks