Google Summer of Code 2010 / Lunatik

Hi folks,

I'm a MSc student, from PUC-Rio, and I've a free software project,
called Lunatik [1]. Lunatik is a infrastructure to extend dynamically the Linux
kernel with scripts written in Lua language.

I'd like to apply to Linux Foundation on GSoC to create the support to
extend a subsystem of the kernel with Lua. I extended the Cpufreq
subsystem to allow users to write their own Cpufreq governors using
Lua. Here a little example:

function governor()
    cpu_load = getLoad()

    if ( cpu_load > 80 ) then
        target( tab_freq.getMax() )

    elseif ( cpu_load < 30 ) then
        target( tab_freq.getPrev() )
    end
end

I intend to create the support to allow users to load schedulers
written in Lua. I think that feature will improve the flexibility and
adaptability of the OS. In that way, it would be possible to load,
dynamically, different algorithms to adapt the OS's scheduler to
different purposes. Moreover, it might be useful to prototyping of new
algorithms.

What do you think?

[1] http://sourceforge.net/projects/lunatik/

Cheers,