Re: tutorials

El Tue, Mar 30, 2010 at 10:49:37AM +0100 Srdjan Todorovic ha dit:

> Hi,
>
> On 30/03/2010, Onkar Mahajan <kern.devel@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On Tue, Mar 30, 2010 at 1:19 PM, Frederic Weisbecker
> > <fweisbec@xxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> >> What do you mean by tracing function calls?
> >> You mean using the function tracer or?
> >>
> > I want to see the packet movement in the Linux TCP/IP protocol stack.
> > Any idea as to how I can do it - any pointers ...
>
> Perhaps this book:
> http://www.amazon.co.uk/Understanding-Network-Internals-Christian-Benvenuti/dp/0596002556/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1269941910&sr=8-1-fkmr0
>
> Ok - it's old, but perhaps amazon or other book store has some good books?
>
> I know UTLK 2nd (but not the 3rd) edition covers the network stack,
> but is for 2.4 kernels.
> (Anyone knows if the authors are planning/writing a 4th edition?)

The book "Professional Linux Kernel Architecture" dedicates 80 pages
to networking, depending on the depth you need it could be a good
choice

best regards

--
Matthias Kaehlcke
Embedded Linux Developer

      Debugging is like alien abduction. Large blocks of time disappear,
                    for which you have no explanation
                                                                 .''`.
    using free software / Debian GNU/Linux | http://debian.org  : :'  :
                                                                `. `'`
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 47D8E5D4                  `-