Re: linux booting

Jigar Jajal wrote:

On 2/18/2010 5:05 PM, Shankar Ganesh wrote:

On Thu, Feb 18, 2010 at 3:44 AM, Kalpesh Rathod <kalpeshrathod@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:kalpeshrathod@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    Hi,

    > bootm 0xaddr
    >
    > What is the significance of this address ? Is this has any
    correlation with
    > lds file ? or i can use any random address ?

    This is the entry point of the uImage.
    You can find it by
    objdump vmlinux -x | grep "start address"
    where, vmlinux is the image from which uImage was built.

start address = 0xC0008000 . but when we are in uboot, we have physical address, no mmu on. here, bootm takes physical address of sdram. So, can i load to any address and boot ?

You can use any "Physical address" except the address range in which u-boot is running. And one more requirement is: there should be enough memory space from that address, so that it can accommodate whole "uImage".

I think also need change the arch/XXX/boot/Makfile LOADADDR=0xADDRESS

must the same in the uImage.
Hope this helps,
Jigar