Re: Schedule() call in driver context.

> In fact the "kernel" is not interrupt-able in linux as I recall.  Thus
> a misbehaving driver that enters an infinite loop will hang the whole
> machine.
> Another way to ask your question is "Why isn't the linux kernel itself
> timesliced?"

AFAIK, What you're talking about is a kernel compiled with "voluntary"
preemption.. Isn't it true that in non-voluntary preemption
(CONFIG_PREEMPT=y), the kernel execution itself can be
preempted/interrupted when it is not in a spin lock guarded critical
region?

And since we're talking about sleeping, we're not in a critical region
anyway (we're not supposed sleep in these AFAIK)

Let me know your thoughts & Thanks,
-Joel