RE: Finding SCSI disk geomtry using General SCSI driver.

Look for the ‘sg3_utils’ package… It can send all sorts of SCSI commands. One may already retrieve the information you are after.

Worst case, there is an ‘sg_raw’ which will enable you to send a raw SCSI command to the device.

Reference the SCSI Block Commands (SBC) from the t10.org. for information regarding the actual SCSI OP codes themselves.

Cheers