Re: Up to date driver-model docs?

2009/11/28 Philip Downer <phil@xxxxxxxxx>:
> Is there any up to date documentation of the driver-model? I've found that
> device.h is different to the docs in Documentation/driver-model/driver.txt
> and was going to post here when I found the following thread[1] from 2004.
> It's
> referring to different files to driver.txt but I'm assuming that everything
> is out of date as unfortunately nothing seems to have
> come from the old thread and I can't find any correct documentation.
IMO, the device model concept is always the same even if there are a
little kernel codes was modified.

> My immediate issue is that as per the docs, I wanted to use the supposed
> list structure in struct device_driver to get a list of all the devices
> attached to the driver, so if anyone can help me with that then I'd be
> grateful.
>
> Further to that I'd like to help update the documentation if anyone is
> willing to answer questions regarding the current state of the driver model.

You can refer to LWN article below:
http://lwn.net/Articles/driver-porting/   (Device model section)
http://lwn.net/Articles/55847/    (It's a very good example to
understand device model)

You also can read LDD3 Chapter 14: The Linux Device Model.