Re: rusty russell's unreliable guide to locking still ... unreliable?

On Wed, 25 Nov 2009, Jason Nymble wrote:

> On 25 Nov 2009, at 1:10 PM, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
>

> > i'm looking for a reasonably detailed guide to kernel locking as
> > the basis for some writing, and potentially as a handout.  i've
> > yet to start perusing this:
> >
> > http://www.kernel.org/doc/htmldocs/kernel-locking.html
> >
> > but if anyone has in the last little while, given that it was written
> > in 2003, anyone have an opinion on how much of it is outdated?  just
> > curious.
> >
> > rday
>
> Outdated or not, I've used it to write perfectly reliable code in
> much more recent times. Maybe its a timeless treasure.

  i'm convinced that it's still a valuable piece of writing, i was
only wondering if readers have spotted anything in it that's clearly
no longer up to date since it is, after all, over six years old.  is
there anything obvious in it that deserves to be made more current?
or, perhaps, content that should be added?

  anyway, i'll be perusing it over the next few days so i might trip
over stuff like that if it exists.

rday