Re: Mobile OS

yes, i am confused too.....look at this:

http://source.android.com/posts/opensource

which clearly says that is open-source.   and it is a "full-stack",
the bottom layer being the linux kernel (which is described in
detailed diagram here:

http://developer.android.com/guide/basics/what-is-android.html

take a look.   any hardware which can run linux kernel, will have android.

in general.....any legal aspect is out of our scope here (i am not
legally trained)...but open-source in the sense all the source codes
are available :-).   so yes, almost any source code is
available....unless u run commercial applications like Oracle on it???
nothing to say then :-)......

--
Regards,
Peter Teoh