Re: Integrating kernel module code into kernel source tree.

On Mon, Jul 27, 2009 at 6:22 PM, Denis Borisevich <dennisfen@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
2009/7/27 SandeepKsinha <sandeepksinha@xxxxxxxxx>:
> On Mon, Jul 27, 2009 at 5:49 PM, Denis Borisevich<dennisfen@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> 2009/7/27 Belisko Marek <marek.belisko@xxxxxxxxx>:
>>> Hi,

>>> Just read:
>>> http://lxr.linux.no/linux+v2.6.30/Documentation/SubmittingDrivers
>>> or you can post you files (patches) to Greg K-H (greg@xxxxxxxxx) and
>>> he will put it to
>>> staging directory in linux-next tree. Your driver will be after some
>>> cleanups and rewiews
>>> put to main kernel tree hopefully.
>>
>> Thank you for reply but I think you got me wrong. I don't want to
>> submit my driver to mainline kernel. I just want to integrate it with
>> my local kernel source tree for personal use.
I am not sure about what the steps are to integrate with kernel source tree to make it appear in the menuconfig (if thats what you are looking for ) but am not sure the  guys out there will be willing to help you unless you want to submit it to mainline kernel tree :)

> try insmod.

Insmod only inserts the compiled module or have I missed something?