how to flush cache ??

Dear All,

I am facing some problem, I have to flush the buffer cache  from my driver & I am trying to find any api for linux kernel or any way to do it from a kernel module on x86 platform. Does anybody know how to do it ? Please help.

I have tried following things :

1. echo 3 > /proc/sys/vm/drop_caches :

It works fine, but is there any way to do this from a kernel module, I mean is there anyway to write into in a existing proc entry via a kernel module using create_proc_entry function ? Or, Can someone tell me internally how this configuration parameter goes to kernel & what api it calls from any memory driver (or like that ) ?

2. void flush_cache_all(void) :

This api doesn't work for linux kernel on x86 architecture , because it is defined blak ( only { } ) .

3. If anybody is aware of any such other api then please help me, its very urgent at my end.

Thanks & Best Regards,
Krishna