RE: alsa module snd-hda-codec-realtek not loading

Hello,
 I was also facing a similar issue with snd_hda_intel & realtek codec under FC11.
I have created a file /etc/modprobe.d/sound.conf with the following line & rebooted the pc & that fixed my issue.

options snd_hda_intel model=auto

If you look at the log of the kernel which detects the codec, you can see that the module is not able to work with the parameter it recevices, and it autoprobes the correct model.

>[   19.012511] hda_codec: Unknown model for ALC262, trying auto-probe from BIOS...

And it looks like in the second kernel, this is not happening.  Check for the parameters you are passing to the module under modprobe.d. Also check whether the option 'model=auto' works..

Thanks for your reply,

Does /etc/modprobe.d/* differes for various kernels we use?  Im using both the kernels in a single debian os.

I tried both the kernels with a fresh installation of debian too but even in that only the kernel A detects the audio drive and loads the modules, kernel B is not detecting it. But both are built with same config file, except kernel A is compressed with gzip and kernel B is with bzip

here is the content of /etc/modprobe.d/sound which is in defaulf or my debian

alias snd-card-0 snd-opl3sa2
options snd-opl3sa2 index=0 fm_port=-1 midi_port=-1 port=0x370
wss_port=0x530 dma1=1 dma2=0 irq=15

Alagunambi Welkin