RE: alsa module snd-hda-codec-realtek not loading

Title: RE: alsa module snd-hda-codec-realtek not loading

> directory, or the other workaround is to output the
> compiled objects
> file on separate directories.
>

>If you have read my link to the boot message of both the kernels you might have >got the answer for this question. Extraversion is added, both are compiled >seperately.

>But both are using same config files, but one is detecting the pci audio device >and the other one is not. did any one faced any problem like this

>consider A is the kernel which detects and B is the kernel which doesnt detect the >audio device

>I found in the end of boot message of kernel A it detects the PCI audio card as
> hda_codec: Unknown model for ALC262, trying auto-probe from BIOS...
>after udev start.

>But its not happening in kernel B, does any one has any idea regarding this.

>Please correct me if im wrong.

>kernel A boot message which detects the PCI audio device: >http://www.heypasteit.com>/clip/9JP
>kernel B boot message which doesnot detects the PCI audio device : >http://www.heypasteit.com/clip/9JR
>Config file used to build those kernels: http://www.heypasteit.com/clip/9JS

>-Welkin-

Hello,
 I was also facing a similar issue with snd_hda_intel & realtek codec under FC11.
I have created a file /etc/modprobe.d/sound.conf with the following line & rebooted the pc & that fixed my issue.

options snd_hda_intel model=auto

If you look at the log of the kernel which detects the codec, you can see that the module is not able to work with the parameter it recevices, and it autoprobes the correct model.

>[   19.012511] hda_codec: Unknown model for ALC262, trying auto-probe from BIOS...

And it looks like in the second kernel, this is not happening.  Check for the parameters you are passing to the module under modprobe.d. Also check whether the option 'model=auto' works..

HTH,
Sudheer