Re: alsa module snd-hda-codec-realtek not loading

On Sat, Jul 4, 2009 at 10:41 PM, sky knight<sky_knight02@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> Im facing a terible problem if any one could help me it will be great,
>
> I have two kernels of version 2.6.30 which are built from same config file,
> but one is detecting the pci audo device and loads snd-hda-codec-realtek and
> the other kernel not doing.
>
> The following are the bootmessage of kernel which detects
>
> http://www.heypasteit.com/clip/9JP
>
> The following is the bootmessage of second kernel which doesn't detect the
> audio device
>
> http://www.heypasteit.com/clip/9JR
>
> Here is the config file used
>
> http://www.heypasteit.com/clip/9JS
>
> Im compiling the kernel by `make && make modules_install` am i missing
> something?

CMIIW, you said: for both kernel, you compiled them using exactly the
same 2.6.30 source? if yes, have you tried to differentiate the
EXTRAVERSION in those two main Makefiles? AFAIK this is needed so
during "make modules_install" there will be 2 new directories under
/lib/modules/. Both are linked toward different kernel image.

Oh and AFAIK too, better compile the image on separate source
directory, or the other workaround is to output the compiled objects
file on separate directories.

regards,

Mulyadi.