Re: PC to PC debugging in Linux Environment

On Mon, May 11, 2009 at 04:28:58PM +0530, Srinivas G. wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> I'm developing a custom USB driver.

Just curious, for what type of device?

> There was an exception/crash when the module was loaded. I had seen
> the /var/log/messages but complete log messages were not available
> after rebooting the PC.

Use a network console, having all of your kernel log messages get sent
to a separate machine over the network.  Works very well.  Read how to
do this in the Documentation/ directory of the kernel.

> As in windows the serial debugging allows connecting PC <-> PC through
> NULL modem cable which has host and target machines for debugging.
>
> Could you please let me know, is there anything similar in linux as
> well?

You can use kdb with a serial connection, yes.  Don't really recommend
it though, but some people like it.

good luck,

greg k-h