Re: kernel timers do not expire

On Tue, Apr 21, 2009 at 2:24 PM, Lal <learner.kernel@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> jiffies is increasing properly (I verified using a test module).
> The system is running kernel 2.4.21
>
> I suspect some buggy timeout handler function is not returning, that
> has stopped other timers to expire . But is there a way to confirm
> this?

I think the snippet you showed to us might explain the issue. Is this
uni processor or multi processor system (or multi core?)?

hmmmm, how to confirm...how about putting kprobe in the prologue and
epilogue of the run_timer function? if the epilogue is hit, then we
every timer handlers are returning. What do you think?

regards,

Mulyadi.