Re: Embedded Linux Vs WinCE

Hi ,
On Thu, Apr 2, 2009 at 2:37 PM, Vivek Kumar Gupta <gkvivek@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

My manager asked to check difference between WinCE vs Embedded Linux.

I am googling…..but did not a satisfactory result.

I just want comparison in

1. Foot print

Basically the Foot print is based upon What are the Module your kernel has been Supporting and What are the Specific option you want to Enable in kernel,

As far as Foot Print is Concerned it based upon the Which Configuration you wanted to choose for your Linux kernel.

2. Wireless mainly RF , WiFi, zigbee, Bluetooth etc support

Both Linux Can Support All the Features ,depends upon your hardware and Driver availability.

2. Market survey of 2008, to check which is popular.

i have been Looking in to market and now the Market going for Embedded Linux not WinCE.

From my heart I want Embedded linux but to support this I need hard facts to crack.

Nowadays WinCE Device has been obsolete from market because of FOSS has been Improved over the years.

Regards

Vivek