Re: debugging kernel hang (can't type anything)

Hi

On Sun, Feb 15, 2009 at 1:26 AM, Sukanto Ghosh
<sukanto.cse.iitb@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 14, 2009 at 11:42 PM, Sukanto Ghosh
> <sukanto.cse.iitb@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> And enabling earlyprintk through the serial port, and keep it when the console is
>>> set, this way you will see the printk messages through the virtual serial line.
>>>
>>> As a parameter: earlyprintk=serial,ttyS0,115200,keep
>>>

>> This one was a good thing to learn.
>
> But again of no use in this particular case.
> What I need is a stack trace when the kernel hangs...

Hm, not an expert, but if you're a Qemu user, probably I can give you
clue. When it hangs, go to Qemu monitor and type "print $pc" (if I
recall correctly). It will print current executed instruction. And
since your kernel hangs, it will point to the instruction when it
hangs... or at least somewhere around that spot.

regards,

Mulyadi.