Re: About Raising priority of Kernel Function to Interrupt Level

El Tue, Jan 20, 2009 at 01:17:11PM +0530 mayank rana ha dit:

>    I am looking for some particular case here.
>    Here is the scenario:
>    1. I have one ISR which is getting called while I am receiving interrupts.
>    2. Now I have one more Kernel Code Function which is as critical as this
>    ISR Execution. Is there any way to raise the Kernel Code function priority
>    as ISR level.i.e. ISR is running in the context of Interrupt which is high
>    priority, while the Kernel Code Function is running in Thread Context
>    which is  obviously having somewhat less priority. Do we have any
>    mechnsm which allows us to raise the Kernel Code Function priority  from
>    Thread Context to Interrupt Context while executing it.

this is possible with the RT patch:

http://rt.wiki.kernel.org
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/rostedt/linux-2.6-rt.git
http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/projects/rt/

the patch converts interrupts into preemptable kernel threads. you
could assign your critical thread a higher priority than the ISRs

--
Matthias Kaehlcke
Embedded Linux Engineer

               For to be free is not merely to cast off
               one's chains, but to live in a way that
              respects and enhances the freedom of others
                           (Nelson Mandela)
                                                                 .''`.
    using free software / Debian GNU/Linux | http://debian.org  : :'  :
                                                                `. `'`
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 47D8E5D4                  `-