Re: [ MAE Comp : 1579 ] use of losetup

Hi Rishi,

You can now  do a mkfs on that particular file, mount it and do
whatever you can do with a normal block device.

Read more about "loopback devices".

On Mon, Oct 20, 2008 at 3:28 PM, rishi agrawal <postrishi@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello Everyone,
>
> I would like to know about the use of "losetup".

Also, try googling for "Hari Paranjape + Device Mappers".

> By use I want mean that in what all situations will I use losetup. Its
> okay that it attaches a loop device to any regular file but how do we

Attaching here is not a simple attaching, remember that. The actual
mechanism lies here only.

--
Regards,
Sandeep.

"To learn is to change. Education is a process that changes the learner."