From: Belisko Marek <marek.belisko@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Help::Installing driver module
To: abhish_agr@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: kernelnewbies@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Friday, 3 October, 2008, 4:35 PM

Hi,

On Fri, Oct 3, 2008 at 12:45 PM, abhish agarwal <abhish_agr@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> hello friends,
> I am new to kernel programming. I have started device driver coding but
> problem is i don't know how to install new module in existing code.I
have
One of possibilities:
First you have to create file in /dev directory with command: mknod
e.g.: mknod /dev/device c(for character device) 100(major number)
1(minor number)

Then you can type insmod your_module.ko and your module will be loaded
to kernel.
With command rmmod your_module..ko you remove module from kernel.

Be prepare for usual restarting of your machine ;)

> ubuntu on my system and kernel version is 2.6.24 .I google it also but
they
> something about make file and all but they don't say where to place
that
> make file.
> Please tell me the steps involved in this process.
>
> Thanks
> Abhish

> Add more friends to your messenger and enjoy! Invite them now.

Marek

--
as simple as primitive as possible
Marek Beliško

Get perfect Email ID for your Resume. Get before others grab.