Re: Help::Installing driver module

Hello ,

In your working directory ( where your module code [module.c] exists )
, create a file called Makefile as follows

#Makefile

KDIR=/lib/modules/`uname -r`/build
kbuild:
        make -C $(KDIR) M=`pwd`
clean:
        make -C $(KDIR) M=`pwd` clean

and a file called Kbuild like this:

#Kbuild

EXTRA_CFLAGS=-g
obj-m        = modul.o

Now run make , to have your module compiled and run insmod to have
your module inserted.
See [1] for detailed information about linux kernel makefiles, and [2]
for information regarding building your own modules.

Hope this help,
Dan.

[1]http://lxr.linux.no/linux+v2.6.24.2/Documentation/kbuild/makefiles.txt
[2]http://lxr.linux.no/linux+v2.6.24.2/Documentation/kbuild/modules.txt