Re: project

Elad Lahav wrote:
Or, as Linux is open-source, and anyone is welcomed to play around with it, maybe Linux is *the* choice for you

There are plenty of free and open source operating systems out there. My point was that some of them are better geared towards experimenting with algorithms. The Linux kernel has the tendency of being very fine-tuned towards performance on specific types of hardware, which sometimes obfuscates the code, as well as the work flow of different algorithms.

I am in no way trying to discourage anyone from contributing to Linux.

Elad

Tweaking the page-replacement algorigthm for learning and sending to mainline kernel are two different things. He can very well tweak it or write his own but ofcourse its only for learning purpose. Otherwise whats the point of "open source". I don't think he would have any serious intentions of sending it to main line kernel.

--Himanshu