Re: JFFS2 issues

On Fri, 2008-08-08 at 10:09 -0700, Nancy Isaac wrote:
> Unfortunately we are stuck on 2.6.21 because we bought the windriver
> support for the BSP and the kernel and that's their latest release.
> We've been doing development with this  for about a year and we can't
> change the release until we go to the next release of the product.
>
> Is there nothing I can do about these problems with this release?

There have been 124 individual commits to fs/jffs2 since then:

That includes a bunch of work I did for OLPC to improve mount time.

You could try backporting the most important parts (commits
df8e96f3 and 19e56cea at least, as well as all the related fixes.
Probably also 8fb870df, and maybe others).

But you really ought to be using a current kernel, if you want the
latest fixes and improvements. If you need help backporting, try the
vendor who gave you your 2.6.21 kernel.

David.Woodhouse@xxxxxxxxx                              Intel Corporation