Re: JFFS2 issues

On Wed, 2008-08-06 at 10:58 +0200, Hinko Kocevar wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Nancy Isaac wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > This is a very long email with lots of questions.
> >
> > Summary of my system
> > I am working on bringing up a system that's running PPC 8313 with 32MB
> > of NOR flash,  512MB of NAND flash and 128MB of RAM.  We have the NOR
> > flash to run u-boot and NAND flash has the kernel and file system.
>
> So NOR is practically empty? All bits, kernel and rootfs plus any
> additional partitions, are on NAND then?
>
> > For the NAND flash, we are using JFFS2 for file system type.  I
> > initially set up just two partitions, boot and rootfs.  Our root file
> > system is about 50MB.
>
> Big!

OLPC mounts 1GiB of NAND flash in about 5 seconds.

What kernel version are you using, and are do you have summary support
enabled?

Do you have any log files which you're writing tiny amounts to, over and
over again -- it's best to avoid that, although there are changes in
recent kernels which make it a lot better than it used to be.

--
dwmw2