Which tree is the best to begin?

Hello,

I'm not really new in the kernel since I already wrote some kernel code for me these last years.
But I'm more and more interested in this field and want to really involve.
I'm lurking in the lkml and testing the linus git tree (linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git) with the thought
that it could be a good training. By running the last git all the time, I'm trying to find some bugs but...I never had a so stable kernel before :-D
At least do you think the linus git tree is a good solution to start?
Perhaps will you advice me a less stable tree or more recommended one to start?

Thanks...