Re: Help please

On Thursday 10 July 2008 14:44:13 Vikram_Upparpalli wrote:
> Hi ,
>
> I am Vikram. Am a newbie to kernel stuff. I learn a lot about kernel
> development and stuff but don't really know the working design of kernel. I
> would like to reverse engineer the kernel source code and teach myself the
> memory diagrams and kernel development. Could somebody please help me (give
> me the documents)?

Have you downloaded the kernelsource? and, why would you want to
reverse-engineer it? You have the source.. :-)

http://kernel.org/ is a nice way to get a snapshot
or , if you have git installed:
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git

Go to the source directory, and see Documentation/

> I don't know much of Linux. But I would love to learn about it and learn
> about the kernel. Am all at seas to make myself understand the same. Please
> send me a suitable document or the source code written in C in form of
> headers and source files grouped separately (something like that).

see above

> I am just a student and don't know much of technical stuff you guys speak.
> But am a lot passionate about Linux and want to learn it and develop it.

Passionate is good. The rest you can pick up along the way :)

Happy hacking!

--
mvh Henrik Austad