Re: Linux kernel primer VS understaing the linux kernel .. ur comments

I think that for the first go Linux Kernel Development by Robert Love would be the best alternative. Once you get the overview you can go for mmore detailed and advanced books.

- A

On Sun, Apr 27, 2008 at 1:54 AM, Adrian Bunk <bunk@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sun, Apr 27, 2008 at 04:46:36AM +0900, Rahul Ramasubramanian wrote:
> hi
>
> has anyone read the book "linux kernel primer " by CLAUDIA SALZBERG
> RODRIGUEZ / GORDON FISCHER / STEVEN SMOLSKI.?

The only thing I know about this book is:
 http://lwn.net/Articles/154580/

> which is a better book to start understanding the kernel.... this one or the
> one by Bovet and cesati " understanding the linux kernel 3rd version"..
> actually i am reading the second chapter from "Understanding the linux
> kernel " , but it is very cryptic and there are no hands on exercises...
> please suggest the correct approach,,,

http://lwn.net/Kernel/LDD3/ is usually considered the best to get
started.

> kind regards