Re: unclean root file-system after shutting down from single-user-mode

>  I think you'd better use the standard init, which has support for
>  startup and shutdown scripts. If you customize them, together with a
>  custom inittab, then you can have your system start just your
>  application, but still do certain actions upon startup and shutdown.

This seems much cleaner way of doing it.
But my only concern is that Will it affect the performance.. ??
I mean now I will be having one extra process with my application
which will need some resources.
Will init will compete with my application in CPU scheduling or it will sleep
and wait for some event to happen?

--
Regards,
Pravin Shinde