Re: Module stacking & warnings

Benedict, Michael wrote:
I am trying to implement module stacking for my embedded target.
Everything seems to work fine with no errors, but there are
disconcerting warnings in modpost and insmod.

since you said insmod, read its manpage

DESCRIPTION
insmod is a trivial program to insert a module into the kernel: if the filename is a hyphen, the module is taken from standard input. Most users will want to use modprobe(8) instead,
      which is cleverer.

modprobe actually checks the dependencies, and loads the module it needs.